Saturday, March 26, 2011

Harley

I woke up at 12:30 a.m. Thursday morning to the sound of thunder and my poor little Harley having a panic attack. I could hear thunder off in the distance and I'm pretty sure he heard it way before me.
He is almost ten years old and weighs about five pounds. Noises like fire alarms beeping, my daughter using her cell phone as a walkie talkie, fireworks or thunderstorms scare him so bad that her goes into a full blown panic attack and usually has to be given a dose of acepromazine {doggie Xanax}. Without it I have to sit and hold him till he calms down. Do any of you out there have pets with the same issues? It's amazing that pets can have some of the same problems as people. Things like feline leukemia & aids, diabetes, cancer, allergies {Baby has skin allergies} to name a few. And on occasion, we get phone calls at the animal hospital I work at from people who want to get rid of their pets because they have health issues. Thankfully my fur babies have minor problems, but I would love them any way.
Anyway, that's enough of me rambling for now. I'm off to do a bit of housework, we had the windows open yesterday because the weather was so nice and now everything inside seems to be covered with pollen, yuk:(
Till next time,
Kimberly: )

1 comment:

  1. Awww..Poor guy.. I used to have a dog that hated storms and got really upset but not that badly.. Otherwise I'm lucky all my critters are like me andlove it when it storms...

    Hope ya had fun cleaning!!

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete