Sunday, September 16, 2012

Accident update, my weekend & random thoughts

I'm so sorry but in my last post I completely forgot to tell you that the passenger and the driver both walked away from the accident. Thankfully they were both wearing their seat belts.
On Thursday I received a call from an Insurance agent regarding the accident in my previous post. He called me at work and asked if I had a few minutes to answer a few questions regarding what I saw. He said he believed a phone statement was all he would need. After answering his list of questions I asked him "can I ask you a question?" He chuckled and said "you can ask but I'm not sure if I can answer."
How is she? I asked. He seemed to hesitate. I told him that Ashton & I had thought & worried about her every day. I told him that we stayed with Heather until the ambulance left and later called the hospital and talked to her aunt Kathy. He then said "you're the one!" The woman her aunt told me about. He said she was released from the hospital on Wednesday but still had a hard road of recovery  ahead of her.  I thanked him for letting me know. To my surprise he thanked me for what I had done, for staying with her, for my compassion. I told him I did what I felt I needed to do, what I hoped someone would do for my child in the same situation.
I am thankful to everyone who remembered her in their prayers and to God for saving her.
Ashton was off to the Clemson game and Jason was sleeping over at a friends house yesterday so it was just Christopher the three dogs and me at home.
I must confess, the five of us were completely lazy and I LOVED it.
Rarely do we get chance to do "nothing" together. So we spent most of Saturday evening getting caught up on recorded shows and we were both asleep by 9.
Today was much the same. I got up around 7:30 {I'm and early bird} to make coffee and read from my new study bible. A bit of laundry, more shows watched and deleted.
 I always feel guilty for not doing enough around the house. I feel that if I'm awake I should be "doing" something. But I think I have finally realized that I am doing something, spending time with him. Our Sunday's are the one day that we have all day together. Everything else can wait, our time together is most important.
My daughter Tish & her husband Dan celebrated her 27th birthday in New Orleans this weekend.


 
I actually had to do the math to make sure she really is 27! LOL!
Where does the time go??


 

And I started reading this book. I'm really enjoying it.
I have a few in the "waiting to be read stack" that I'll share with you in my next post.
But for now I'm off to have an early dinner with my hubby.
Till next time,
Kimberly: )

No comments:

Post a Comment