Thursday, July 15, 2010

I have been inspired!

Good evening blog friends! Temps here in Fayetteville was in the mid 90's today and just before leaving work the skies seemed to open up to the worst downpour I've seen in quite a while but the closer to Hope Mills I got the skies were blue.
I had to stop at Food Lion for creamer, can't have coffee without it, and by the time I came out it was looking very rainy.
In a previous post I mentioned a few changes here at home. Since starting my blog I have been a follower of  the nester. Though our home looked okaay, It just didn't have "that" feel I was hoping for when I walked through the door. So, anyway, while surfing through her previous posts I found her window mistreatments and I really liked her style. So, thus the inspiration. Then I found the fabrics (from a previous post at Hobby Lobby) and decided I would make a balloon shade out of the check fabric.
Then I found these FREE instructions on how to make a balloon shade!
Uh, ya. Have you ever read those things? I mean really, it's like you need a four year degree or something. Scratch that idea. But then I thought I could do it my own way. So, two yards of fabric and 40 plastic rings later........
I came up with this {not a good picture, I apologize} but I think you can get the gist of it. And 6 1/2 yards of toile fabric later
this is the mistreatment I came up with and all because I fell in love with those red check curtains! But I have to say that it was so easy even a caveman could do it {sorry I couldn't help myself}. Rest assured there will be more projects to follow, but I'm guessing you're a little tired by now so I'll save those for another day.
Thanks so much for indulging me.
Till next time,
Kimberly: )

No comments:

Post a Comment