Wednesday, July 21, 2010

To grandmothers house we go!!

Today Christopher & I start the second half of our vacation. We are going to visit my grandmother in Tennessee. As I mentioned in yesterdays post she will turn a very young 87 this Friday. My daughter Tish and her husband Dan are arriving tomorrow to surprise her and on Friday we have family coming to her house for a surprise birthday get together. My dad has been getting in touch with my grandmothers sister, brother and nieces and nephews to let them know about the get together we are planning. She's always so willing to do for others now it's our turn to do for her. While there Christopher and I plan to get her out of the house for shopping or whatever she wants to do. She doesn't know how to drive so she doesn't get out much other than the basics, hair, dental and doctor appointments, grocery shopping. And hopefully we can convince her to visit the Museum of Appalachia. It is only and hour away from her home and I think it would be a fun day for her to get out for a picnic and some sight seeing. Then on Sunday she will come home with us to visit for a couple of weeks. Ashton is trying to get a flight home from Italy next week to surprise her because my grandmother still thinks she won't be home till late next month. I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures to post when we get back home. We will be traveling through the Smokey Mountains and the area where my grandmother lives is in the foothills. Lots of beautiful scenery.
Till next time,
Kimberly: )

No comments:

Post a Comment