Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My thrift store treasures

 Last Wednesday I stopped by Hope Harbour Thrift Store to look for goodies. I found a couple of things that I plan to paint but the best find was a pair of pewter candle holders for only two bucks!
For now they are on the dresser in my bedroom but I'm not sure if they will stay there. I love pewter so I am always on the hunt for it when I go to my favorite thrift shops and primitive stores.
This is a close up of the runner that  Karen from KM Primitives made for me earlier this year. The space on my dresser is narrow because of the mirror that sits on top and she was able to make one that fits perfectly from the measurements I emailed her. She also sent me some sample colors of the felt so I could choose something to coordinate with the quilt in my room. I love, love it and eventually hope to order small runners for my night stands to match.
This is what I'm working on this week, it's another Jenny Hoffman design. I'm stitching the design on each end of a 14 count aida cloth runner for my coffee table.
Here is a close up of the design. I know it's a bit stark white right now but not for long. Once finished I'll tea stain it and bake it a bit for that aged look. I can't wait to finish it!
Till next time,
Kimberly : )

1 comment:

  1. Candle holders are awesome and I love the design you are stitching! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete