Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Harley and Baby

As promised, pictures of Harley and Baby. Baby has been with us since February of 2008. We adopted her when she was only 2 months old from a lady who had recently lost her husband and didn't feel she could care for 2 dogs at that time. When we walked into the sun room and sat down Baby immediately ran over to Christopher and gave him puppy kisses and we knew she was the puppy for us. I have to admit she is a bit, okay a LOT spoiled and we spell d-o-g because I don't think she knows she is one. Last summer she was attacked by a much larger dog who broke free from it's owner while we were out for a walk. Thankfully we keep her collar loose and she pulled out of it but not before the larger dog pinned her down. She was bleeding from her neck and one of her front legs and very sore. It took weeks for her to heal and many more weeks before she would go on the walks with us that she had always loved so much. Christopher and I always joked that we weren't sure if we were walking her or if she was walking us.  So Christopher felt Baby needed a companion, I wasn't so convinced. I mean two dogs? Really? Well fate intervened, My best friend Melissa had a friend who had a 3 1/2 lb Chiuaua that she had to get rid of because her new rental didn't allow pets. She brought him to my work to meet me and I instantly knew he was the companion for Baby. She liked him and wanted to play the instant she saw him, he wasn't sure of her. She's just over two and very playful, he's eight and wants to lay around most of the time. Harley has been part of the family now since July of last year and he and Baby go nuts if they are not together. Even now they are lying on the bed behind me making cute sleeping puppy noises completely burrowed in the quilt I have there for them.
Till next time,
Kimberly: )

2 comments:

  1. What s sweet post!! They look adorable together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable! What a great post..we all love our furbabies!

    ReplyDelete