Sunday, August 22, 2010

Making changes

Change is good, right? That's what I've always heard and this has certainly been a summer full of change.
 Yesterday was my last day working at Carolina Window Fashions/Country Comes To Town, a family owned business. I have spent six wonderful years working there so as you can imagine it was a very difficult decision for me. What began as a visit to a shop I saw in a commercial in late 2003 later became a job just to make spending money in late 2004. What a journey. I had no idea what an impact the place, the customers,the vendors or the family would make on my life. 
 About three years ago my friend and then co-worker took a job at a local animal hospital and a while later I had the opportunity to also work there but said no. I don't think I was ready to leave my safety net but recently the opportunity arose again and I saw it as a sign. I prayed about it, discussed it with my husband and even shadowed there on two occasions. I loved it! It really seemed to be the right fit. So, tomorrow will be my first day at the vets office and I am both nervous and excited. One door has closed and a new one has opened for me.
 As you can imagine yesterday was hard. The owners daughter who is the manager and also happens to be my BFF {that's best friend forever, though she jokingly tells everyone it's big fat friend} {which she isn't} will still be there along with Karen, a truly wonderful woman {I wanna be like her when I grow up} and Linda {the owner} who keeps everyone in order. There were laughs and tears but at closing time I walked out the door with memories to last a lifetime.
Lucky for me CWF/CCTT is located just down the street from my new job so I'm sure I'll be stopping in on my lunch break from time to time to visit and do a bit of shopping.
Till next time,
Kimberly: )

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful change...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WISHING YOU ONLY THE BEST, KIMBERLY. YOU WILL CERTAINLY BE MISSED AT THE SHOP BUT GOD USUALLY RE-DIRECTS OUR LIFE FOR A REASON. KEEP IN TOUCH AND REMEMBER THAT FRIENDSHIPS CAN LAST A LIFETIME, IT'S UP TO US!!

    PRIM FRIEND, SHERRIE

    ReplyDelete